jueves, 17 de enero de 2008

Icicle! Icicle!


A row of intense icicles has developed outside of my kitchen window, and when the sky turned blue today I decided to dig out my camera.

Since I still have some spare time on my hands, I have learned how to make coffee, soyburgers and refried beans (a little bit of Mexico nostalgia). Today I also matched all of our containers to lids, and was surprised to find that many were without their mates. (Where are the missing lids?)

Also nostalgic was my return to ultimate frisbee. I was a bit disappointed to play indoors after four months of outdoor play in Mexico. The good news is that I am a much better player after so much practice. I will be at a tournament in Fredericton next weekend and playing in the new Moncton league starting mid-February. Frisbee frisbee frisbee.

My roommate has taken off to Ottawa for the Canadian Universities Press national conference - something I attended in 2005 and 2006. It is full of newspaper nerds (like me...) who like to debate fonts and layout over a pitcher of beer.

When I'm not finding lids for my tupperware, I am hopefully going to class or the library. My classes are great - on migration, the EU, resources communities (think Fort McMurray), and the environment and development. I also have a made-up course on Mexican migration that is an extension of my research project from last summer. (I will tell you about this later when I have more to say.) Three of my classes are fourth-year, which means a lot of reading a pre-class preparation - but also means that class is only scheduled once a week.

Weekend plans? Well, this week is CHMA's (community radio station's) annual fundraiser: Stereophonic. This year the music festival has been getting a lot of press - it was just mentioned on the CBC Radio 3 podcast I am listening to. There is a Guitar Hero III competition tonight at Ducky's as a part of the festival, and I just might give it a try.





No hay comentarios: